Funding and ACC

You might be eligible for funding assistance

Our Government funds schemes such as ACC, Enable and Veterans assistance to support sufferers of hearing loss. You may be eligible for part or full funding from one of these schemes. Contact one of our clinics to find out if you’re eligible.

Enquire Now

To find out if you‘re eligible

Ministry of Health Funding

All eligible New Zealanders with a hearing loss are entitiled to a subsidy of $511.11 per hearing aid every six years. To find out if you’re eligible for this subsidy speak to a House of Hearing team member and book a free consultation.

For more information you can visit and find out more.


Accident Compensation Corporation

ACC provides funding for people who have suffered hearing loss as a result of noise in the workplace, whether that damage was caused by prolonged exposure to a noisy environment, a sudden accident, or sudden extreme loud noise. If you need to make a claim and don’t know where to start, don’t worry we can work with you step-by-step through the claims process.

1: Hearing Check. Get started with our free hearing check, ask our team today.

2: GP appointment. Book an appointment with your GP. Make sure you take your hearing test results with you, The GP will start the ACC claim process.

3: Hearing loss questionnaire. Once your application is lodged, ACC will ask you to complete a hearing loss questionnaire. If you need help filling out the form, give us a call. We’re happy to provide support.

4: ACC Audiologist Assessment. You will receive a confirmation letter from ACC, which asks you to undertake a full Audiological assessment by one of our ACC accredited Audiologists. Simply call House of Hearing for your FREE assessment.

5: Specialist ENT Appointment. Your next step is an appointment with an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) specialist. ACC will arrange this appointment for you and House of Hearing will forward your hearing assessment results to ACC which will then be forwarded to the ENT.

6: Hearing aid funding. If your claim is approved, you will receive a confirmation letter from ACC stating how much funding you have available to you. House of Hearing can then discuss all your options and find the best solution to meet your hearing needs and budget. We provide free hearing aids with all levels of ACC funding, with some people topping up to get a higher level of technology – the choice is yours!

You can also visit the ACC website for further information.

Book your ACC hearing check


Children up to the age of 16 and young adults (up to the age of 21 years who remain in full time education) are eligible to receive free hearing services and hearing aids through the Ministry of Health Enable NZ Scheme, which commenced in 2011. Funding is available for new and replacement hearing aids, along with repairs and supply of batteries.

Enable also partially funds hearing aids for adults aged 16 years or over with complex needs (for example hearing aid users since childhood, people with dual or multiple disabilities, sudden and severe hearing loss) and those adults with a community services card and who meet certain criteria (for example people studying, working or primary caregivers).

Enable Website

Veteran's Affairs

Individuals who are found to have a hearing impairment as a result of their military service may be eligible for funding of hearing aids. Eligibility depends on a number of factors, including whether the person receives a War Pension, and the degree of any assessed disability. To claim this funding you must complete a War Pension Disability Application Form.

Veterans Affairs Website

Other Support

The New Zealand Audiological Society also administers a hearing aid bank for those people who are unable to affording hearing aids and are ineligible for other funding.

Experience. The Difference.

Contact us for a confidential discussion about your hearing today.

Contact Us